: A photograph of the Sandusky County Courthouse located on 100 North Park Avenue, Fremont, OH. The Sandusky County Courthouse was designed by architect Cyrus Williams and built in 1844.
The courthouse is made of brick and stone and features Grecian style architecture using Doric sandstone columns. The 1844 courthouse was preserved and subsequently converted into the north wing of the current courthouse when expansion was needed in the 1930s. The expansion added a central and south section to the original courthouse, which are compatible with the historic structure. The white octagonal cupola was moved off of the original courthouse and placed atop the central section.
Reverse reads: "Sandusky Co. Ct. Hse. Sandusky, O." View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B12F05_003_001 Subjects
: Courthouses--Ohio--History. Ohio; Sandusky (Ohio) Places
: Sandusky County (Ohio)