: Reverse reads: "Montgomery Co.,Dayton,O.1938
FOR OFFICE FILE ONLY
DO NOT REMOVE"
Founded in a downtown mansion in 1919 as the Dayton Museum of Fine Arts, the museum moved to a newly designed Edward B. Green building in 1930. The DAI was modeled after the Casino in the gardens of the Villa Farnese at Caprarola, and the front hillside stairway after the Italian Renaissance garden stairs at the Villa d'Este, near Rome, and Italy. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B12F08_006_001 Subjects
: Dayton Art Institute; Art museums Places
: Dayton (Ohio); Montgomery County (Ohio)