: The massive red-granite City Hall was completed in 1893 and houses all the city government office. Carved marble stairways pass beautiful stained glass windows showing scenes of Cincinnati's history. There are three sets of five each on the stair landings on the Plum Street side. The Central Avenue side has one set of three and there are seven lunettes (half moons) in the Council Chambers and in the skylights above the stairs. The New York firm of Pottier Stymus & Co made the windows. A local company, G. C. Riordan & Co, supplies seven stained glass transoms for the police gymnasium. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B12F09_046_001 Subjects
: Ohio; Art; Stained glass Places
: Cincinnati (Ohio); Hamilton County (Ohio)