: This is a photo of the Ohio Guide books on sale at the James Book Store in Cincinnati, Ohio.
The Ohio Guide was published as part of the American Guide Series, compiled by workers of the Writers' Program of the W.P.A., one of the federal programs from the 1930s.
The James Book Store was located at 516 Main Street in Cincinnati, Ohio. Once the oldest bookstore west of the Alleghenies, it was owned by brothers Joseph A. James and Uriah P. James, who opened a book department in 1831 (and closed in 1854), in addition to their printing and publishing business.
It is uncertain when the bookstore closed, but it seems to have been in business long after the book department closed. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B11F04_07_001 Subjects
: American guide series; Ohio--Guidebooks Places
: Cincinnati (Ohio); Hamilton County (Ohio)