: Reverse reads: 22258 Photo by Wilson Ohio, Columbus. Photo shows WPA worker constructing a model of the United States Capitol to be used by blind pupils to enable them to go "sightseeing." This is the only way that such handicapped people can get any idea of the construction of prominent buildings. The project is sponsored by the Ohio State School for the Blind.
In 1837, the Ohio Institution for the Education of the Blind was established. In the early 1900s, the school's name was changed to the Ohio State School for the Blind. The Ohio Department of Education took control of it then. In 1953, the school moved from its location on Main Street in Columbus to 5220 North High Street View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B11F04_30_001 Subjects
: Ohio Institution for the Education of the Blind; Ohio. Ohio State School for the Blind ; United States Capitol (Washington, D.C.)--Pictorial works Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)