: In 1886, the Society of Jesus established St. Ignatius College in Cleveland, Ohio. In 1923, St. Ignatius College became John Carroll University. John Carroll was the first Catholic archbishop in the United States. Twelve years later, the university relocated to a suburb of Cleveland known as University Heights. This photograph displays the faculty house at this new location. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B05F04_017 Subjects
: Education; Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works.; Universities and colleges; John Carroll University; College campuses; Ohio--History--Pictorial works; Federal Writers' Project Places
: Cleveland (Ohio); Cuyahoga County (Ohio)