: caption reads: "All of the equipment in the new science lab at McGuffey Hall was installed by WPA workers. This picture shows several members of the junior class taking advantage of it at Miami U. in Butler County."
McGuffey Hall was named for William Holmes McGuffey, a professor at Miami University from 1826 to 1836. Between 1836 and 1845 he served as president of three Ohio institutions. He is best known as the author of the popular series of children's textbooks called McGuffey's Readers. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B05F04_007 Subjects
: Education; Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works.; Universities and colleges; Miami University (Oxford, Ohio); Laboratories; Students; Interiors Places
: Oxford (Ohio); Butler County (Ohio)