: Western Reserve College opened in 1826. It was the first institution of higher education in what had been the Connecticut Western Reserve in northeast Ohio. Western Reserve College was closely affiliated with the Presbyterian Church. In 1892, Amasa Stone donated a sizable fund of money to the institution. As a result of this gift, Western Reserve College became Adelbert College of Western Reserve. Adelbert was the name of Stone's son. In 1967, Adelbert College and Case Institute of Technology merged and created what is now Case Western Reserve University. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B05F04_029 Subjects
: Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works.; Buildings; Education; Universities and colleges; Western Reserve College Places
: Cleveland (Ohio); Cuyahoga County (Ohio)