: Handwritten on reverse: "Steubenville Country Club. Photo by Miller and Son, 436 Market Street, Steubenville, Ohio."
The Steubenville County Club, organized in 1908, is located at 413 Lovers Lane in Wintersville, Ohio. This clubhouse was built in 1921, as a result of the original building (located Steubenville-Toronto Pike Road) having been destroyed in a fire in 1920. This beautiful white building was a landmark of the community until it also was destroyed by fire in 1959. In 1961, a new clubhouse was opened on the same property, with a bigger golf course and improved facilities. Wintersville is located about 5 miles east of Steubenville. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B08F06_050_001 Subjects
: Country clubs--Ohio--Steubenville--History Places
: Wintersville (Ohio); Jefferson County (Ohio)