: The Joseph E. Wing Memorial Library, located at 60 South Main Street in Mechanicsburg, was built in 1940. The brick building honors this former resident, who was one of the first to identify, promote and grow alfalfa as a forage crop for farm animals, east of the Mississippi River, which greatly improved agricultural efficiency.
It remains standing and in use, and appears to have had at least one addition, but more information is needed about the library's history. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B08F13_004_1 Subjects
: Public libraries--Ohio; Agriculture--Ohio; Wing, Joseph E. (Joseph Elwyn), 1861-1915; Alfalfa as feed Places
: Mechanicsburg (Ohio); Champaign County (Ohio)