: This photograph shows the entrance to the Sandusky County Court House in Fremont, Ohio. The original portion of the building was constructed in 1844, designed by Cyrus Williams. It is located at 100 North Park Avenue.
The building is built of brick and stone and features Grecian style architecture with Doric sandstone columns. In the 1930s, the original 1844 court house became the north wing, as an expansion was needed. The expanded central and south section are compatible with the older structure. The white octagonal cupola was moved from the original building to the center of the new structure. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B06F07_005_1 Subjects
: Sandusky County (Ohio); Fremont (Ohio); Court-houses Places
: Fremont (Ohio); Sandusky County (Ohio)