: The First Presbyterian Church of Fremont is located at 120 South Park Avenue. On November 30, 1833, a group of 22 people met in the courthouse to establish the church. They met for several years in various places, including the school house, a commercial building and a house on the east side of the river.
In 1844, the congregation acquired a lot on the corner of Park Avenue and Garrison Street and three years later a church was constructed. In 1869, a cornerstone was laid for a Romanesque-style building on the site of the former building. Four years later, it was dedicated debt-free and was the first tall-steepled church in downtown Fremont. In 1993-94, there was extensive remodeling, including the addition of stained glass windows. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B06F07_050_1 Subjects
: Churches--Ohio; Presbyterian Church--Ohio; Religion in Ohio; Steeples; Church Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works; Ohio--History--Pictorial works; Federal Writers' Project Places
: Fremont (Ohio); Sandusky County (Ohio)