: Mariemont is a planned community in Hamilton County, Ohio in which the buildings were designed after an English village. The village was funded in 1923 by Mary Emery, a philanthropist from Cincinnati, Ohio. The village was named after her estate in Rhode Island.
The village square serves as the community center with red brick Tudor buildings, including the Mariemont Inn and Mariemont Barber Shop. Mariemont also has one of the few elected Town Criers remaining in North America. In 2007, the Village of Mariemont was designated a National Historic Landmark.
The population was 3,408 at the 2000 census. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B06F10_009_1 Subjects
: Mariemont (Ohio); Hamilton County (Ohio); Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works., Tudor--United States. Places
: Mariemont (Ohio); Hamilton (Ohio)