: The First Presbyterian Church of Fremont, Ohio was established on November 30, 1833. The congregation met in various buildings until they were able to build a church in 1847. It was built on the corner of Park Avenue and Garrison Street.
Due to the growth of the congregation, a cornerstone was laid for the new Romanesque style edifice on the site of their former place of worship. Three years later, it was dedicated debt free. It became the first tall-steepled church downtown in the city of Fremont.
Stained glass windows were added in an extensive renovation in 1893-94, bringing it to its present day appearance. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B06F07_031_1 Subjects
: Fremont (Ohio); Sandusky County (Ohio); Presbyterian Church Places
: Fremont (Ohio); Sandusky County (Ohio)