: On November 30, 1833, The First Presbyterian Church was established in Fremont, Ohio. The congregation met in various buildings until 1847 when the first church was built at the corner of Park Avenue and Garrison Street.
Because of the growth of the congregation, the corner stone was laid in 1869 for a magnificent new Romanesque-style edifice on the site of the former house of worship. It was dedicated debt-free four years later and the building became the first high-steepled building in downtown Fremont. Extensive renovation in 1893-94, gave it it's current day appearance. This included the addition of stained glass windows.
View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B06F07_033_1 Subjects
: Fremont (Ohio); Sandusky County (Ohio); Presbyterian Church Places
: Fremont (Ohio); Sandusky County (Ohio)