: Photo of farm with sheep and lambs in Warren County. The journals of the region's Shakers show that Merino sheep were introduced on their premises August 2, 1812. Jeremiah Morrow, then a member of Congress, soonafter introduced them into Deerfield Township. The number of sheep in the county continued to increase until about 1850, since which time they have decreased in numbers.
Reverse reads: “Warren Co., Route #48, Mar. 24, 1938. SHEEP (for house see #9, 10). 2-8x10 prints to Cinci. 3/29/38.” View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B06F02_005_1 Subjects
: Agriculture--Ohio; Farming; Plants and Animals; Livestock Places
: Warren County (Ohio)