: Caption reads: "Post office federal building. Located at 85 Marconi Boulevard, the Joseph P. Kinneary U.S. Courthouse serves as the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio Eastern Division. It was built in 1933 and originally housed both the courthouse and the Post Office."
The U.S. Post Office and Courthouse, sometimes referred to as the Federal Building, is located at 85 Marconi Boulevard at the corner of Gay Street. Completed in 1934, it is the Federal Government’s contribution to the civic center. It occupies a triangular tract on the east bank of the Scioto River, and housed the main post office, Federal courts and offices, and the U.S. Weather Bureau station. The 4-story building is of sandstone and marble construction, with classic lines. Richards, McCarty & Bulford, of Columbus, designed the structure, which cost almost $1,800,000 to build. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B05F04B_036 Subjects
: Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works.; Buildings; Joseph P. Kinneary United States Courthouse (Columbus, Ohio) Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)