: This is a photograph of the original Fairfield County court house.
The first Fairfield County court house was constructed in 1806 after it was housed in various spaces, including a log cabin and a schoolhouse. Upon its completion in 1807, the building existed as a two-story rectangular brick building located on Broad and Main Street. When space became an issue in 1858, land was purchased on the corner of Main and High Streets to build a new building. The old court house was condemned in 1866. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B15F03_052_001 Subjects
: Fairfield County (Ohio)--Pictorial works; Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works.; Court-houses Places
: Lancaster (Ohio); Fairfield County (Ohio)