: Harrison County was formed in 1813, from Jefferson County and Tuscarawas County. It is named for William Henry Harrison a hero of the War of 1812, and the first president of the United States from Ohio. The court house is located on South Main and West Market Streets in Cadiz, Ohio.
The court house was designed by Joseph Yost, who designed other court houses in the area. The architectural style is Second Empire. It was built from 1893 to 1895, with high arched windows, mansard-roofed towers, and a central clock tower. The tower is domed and topped with a statue of Justice. A balcony covers the entrances.
This building was added to the National Register of Historic Places on July 18, 1974. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B15F03_059_001 Subjects
: Cadiz (Ohio); Harrison County (Ohio); Court-houses; Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works. Places
: Cadiz (Ohio); Harrison County (Ohio)