: The Ironton–Russell Bridge opened in 1922 as the first highway bridge along the Ohio River between Parkersburg, West Virginia, and Cincinnati, Ohio. Soon, the Ironton-Russell bridge was followed by numerous others at Ashland, Portsmouth, and Huntington. The bridge was retrofitted in the 1970s with strengthening beams and plates.
Photo taken by the Works Progress Administration sometime between 1936-1943. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B15F04_003_002_004 Subjects
: Bridges--Ohio--Cincinnati; Transportation--Roads; Architecture--Ohio; Places
: Cincinnati (Ohio); Hamilton County (Ohio)