: Plaque nearby reads, "Erected June 1904 by the people of Springfield to the memory of John and David L. Snyder who gave and amply endowed Snyder Park"
The Ohio Guide, WPA Writer's Program describes Snyder park as "225-acre wooded park with trails, drives, streams and lagoons for boating, facilities for tennis, golf, and horseshoe pitching, and a playground. Band concerts are presented in the park during the summer months."
Photographed by the Works Progress Administration in 1940 View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B15F01_004 Subjects
: Works Progress Administration; New Deal; Recreation; Ohio Guide; Public Parks--Ohio--Pictorial works. Places
: Springfield (Ohio); Clark County (Ohio)