: Caption reads: "Columbus Gallery of Fine Arts, E. Broad St." The Columbus Gallery of Fine Arts was founded in 1878. In 1892, the home of Francis Session, who had contributed funds to establish an art gallery, was converted to an art gallery after his death. The Columbus Gallery of Fine Arts building, completed in 1932, was located on the land previously occupied by the art gallery and former home of Francis Session. Now called the Columbus Museum of Art, the building houses what is considered one of the best collections of late nineteenth and early twentieth century American and European modern art. There are major works of Monet, Picasso, and Renoir on display along with other masters of modern art. Works created by famous Columbus native, George Bellows, can also be found here.The Museum also is host to many different traveling exhibits. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B05F04B_001 Subjects
: Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works.; Galleries and museums; Art and Entertainment; Art museums Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)