: The Ohio-Erie Canal that ran through Tuscarawas County began at Summit Lake near Barberton and ended at Dresden. The canal was a was for farmers and manufacturers to connect to the Ohio River and Lake Erie. It operated from 1825 until the disastrous flood in 1913. It became obsolete due to the railroads.
This photograph is a scene near Tuscarawas in Tuscarawas County, Ohio. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B14F01_041_001 Subjects
: Tuscarawas County (Ohio)--History; Canals--Ohio; Miami and Erie Canal (Ohio)--History; Geography and Natural Resources; Transportation--Ohio--History.; Ohio--History--Pictorial works; Federal Writers' Project Places
: Tuscarawas County (Ohio)