: Located on the Oval, construction began on this building in 1891. From 1893 to 1912, the University Library was housed at Orton Hall. The building was named after the first president of the Ohio State University, Dr. Edward Norton. Orton Hall currently houses Geological Sciences and the Geology Library and has also been called "The Museum." View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B05F04D_010 Subjects
: Education; Universities and colleges; Buildings; Science and technology; Ohio State University; College campuses; Ohio--History--Pictorial works; Federal Writers' Project Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)