: This is a picture of the dining room of the Golden Lamb Hotel in Lebanon, Ohio. The hotel is located at the corner of Broadway and Main Street. The room has a closed fireplace and mantle as well as a five chairs and a table. The walls are covered with wall paper and pictures, and a light hangs from the ceiling. The room has double doors opening to a second room where one man is standing and several others are sitting.
The Golden Lamb, formerly the old Lebanon House, is the oldest hotel in the state of Ohio, being established by Jonas Seaman in 1803. The establishment was a success and became known for its quality food and lodging. Two years later the Warren County courthouse was built across the street, increasing the business of the Golden Lamb. The tavern served as a meeting place for troops during the War of 1812 and as a stagecoach stop during the nineteenth century. The present day, four-story building was built in 1815 during the rebuilding of the inn. The inn has had many famous guests such as Mark Twain, Charles Dickens, and twelve United States Presidents. The Golden Lamb, which continued to operate into the 21st century, is one of the oldest hotels in Ohio. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1978. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B14F07_044_001 Subjects
: Golden Lamb (Lebanon, Warren County, Ohio); Historic hotels; Dining rooms Places
: Lebanon (Ohio); Warren County (Ohio)