: This photograph shows the municipal building in Westerville, Ohio. Westerville was named for three Dutch settlers, Matthew, Peter and William Westervelt. They settled in the area in 1818 and after Matthew donated land for the construction of a Methodist Church in 1836, the area was named Westerville. The town was platted in 1846 and was incorporated in August of 1858. At that time, the population was 275.
Westerville has grown to be one of the largest suburbs of Columbus. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B14F10_004_001 Subjects
: Westerville (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio);Municipal buildings Places
: Westerville (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)