: Script on reverse reads: "Main blgd of Otterbein College campus in Westerville."
Photograph shows Towers Hall on the Otterbein University campus after a snowstorm. There are several snow-covered trees in the foreground while the large Victorian Gothic structure stand in the background. Towers Hall, built in 1871, was original know as the Ad (Administrative) Building, but was renamed in the 1950s. It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on March 4, 1971.
Otterbein University is a private, four-year liberal arts college in Westerville, Ohio. The university was founded in 1847 by the Church of the United Brethren in Christ. As a result of a division and two mergers involving the Church, the University has since 1968 been associated with the United Methodist Church. It has an enrollment of approximately 3,000, which includes both traditional undergraduate students and adult students enrolled in graduate programs or post-degree studies. The university is named for United Brethren founder Rev. Philip William Otterbein. In 2010, Otterbein College changed its name to Otterbein University to reflect the increasing array of graduate and undergraduate programs offered. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B14F10_017_001 Subjects
: Otterbein College; Westerville (Ohio)--Buildings, structures, etc.--Pictorial works; Westerville (Ohio)--History--Pictorial works Places
: Westerville (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)