Description: The photograph shows a road, hollow, and trees with several Wittenberg College campus buildings in the background. The back of the photograph reads: "Clark Co., Springfield, O. April 28, 1937. VIEW OF WITTENBERG COLLEGE. Looking north from the Administration Bldg. In the foreground is a natural amphitheater used for college pagaents, [sic] beyond at left is Zimmerman Library, Keller Hall, and a part of Hamma Hall." The hollow is Myers Hollow, which was used for campus events, such as pageants and concerts.
Wittenberg College became Wittenberg University on September 1, 1957. View on Ohio Memory. Image ID: SA1039AV_B13F05_047_001 Subjects: College buildings; Academic libraries; Wittenberg College; Wittenberg University Places: Springfield (Ohio); Clark County (Ohio)
Description: The photograph shows a view of Recitation Hall of Wittenberg College. The building is behind several trees, but many parts, particularly the large central steeple, are visible. A caption on the back of the photograph reads: "Clark Co., Springfield, O. April 28, 1937. ADMINISTRATION BLDG., in the center of the Wittenberg College campus. The Administration Building houses the college offices and chapel. A portion of Carnegie Science Hall shows in lower left corner."
Recitation Hall, built in 1883, was the second building constructed on campus and held classrooms, college literary societies, and the campus chapel. An annex was added to the building during the 1950's, which is the home of university police and the campus switchboard. In 1978, the function of the building changed and it is now the main administration building, with various offices and admissions. View on Ohio Memory. Image ID: SA1039AV_B13F05_033_001 Subjects: College buildings; Wittenberg College; Wittenberg University Places: Springfield (Ohio); Clark County (Ohio)
Description: A photograph shows Koch Hall of Wittenberg College (now Wittenberg University). A caption on the back reads: "Clark Co., Springfield, O. April 28, 1937. CHEMISTRY BLDG, Koch Hall, W. side of Wittenberg College Campus, between Administration Bldg. and Elgar Weaver Observatory."
Koch Hall was riginally known as Wittenberg's "Laboratories Building." It now serves as home to the art department, which offers courses in art history and studio art.
View on Ohio Memory. Image ID: SA1039AV_B13F05_038_001 Subjects: College buildings; Wittenberg College; Wittenberg University Places: Springfield (Ohio); Clark County (Ohio)
Back of the photograph reads: "Clark Co., Springfield, O. April 28, 1937. KELLAR [sic] HALL, dormitory for Wittenberg College theological students."
The photograph shows Keller Hall on the Wittenberg College campus. The hall, named after the college's first president, Ezra Keller, was financed in 1889 and dedicated in 1901, was demolished in 1997 to make way for Hollenbeck Hall, the humanities building. This new building incorporated the arched doorway of Keller Hall.
View on Ohio Memory. Image ID: SA1039AV_B13F05_046_001 Subjects: Dormitories; College buildings; Bell towers; Wittenberg College; Wittenberg University Places: Springfield (Ohio); Clark County (Ohio)
Description: Photograph from a distance showing buildings of the Pontifical College Josephinum, located along North High Street in the Worthington suburb of Columbus, Ohio. Father John Joseph Jessing founded the institution in 1888 for the training of young men for the priesthood, and in 1931 the Josephinum moved to the 100-acre campus seen here. The Pontifical College Josephinum the only pontifical seminary outside of Italy.
The High Street Photograph Collection is comprised of over 400 photographs of High Street in Columbus, Ohio, taken in the early 1970s. These photographs were taken primarily at street level and document people and the built environment from the Pontifical College Josephinum on North High Street in Worthington through Clintonville, the University District and Short North, Downtown and South Columbus. The photographs were used in a television photo documentary that aired on WOSU called "High Street." Photographers that were involved in this project were Alfred Clarke, Carol Hibbs Kight, Darrell Muething, Clayton K. Lowe, and Julius Foris, Jr. View on Ohio Memory. Image ID: AV254_B14F376_01 Subjects: Columbus (Ohio)--History--20th century; Street photography; Religious education; College buildings; Places: Worthington (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)
For holiday print orders, please order by Friday, December 6th. Purchases made after this date may not arrive by December 24th. Digital files will be provided by email within 1-3 business days of purchase—please place holiday digital file orders no later than Tuesday, December 17th.
2. Choose a product option
If you are purchasing this image for exhibit or other non-profit use by an Ohio cultural heritage institution, please contact email@example.com before proceeding with your order.
Choose a product option
3. Read and Agree
Ohio History Connection Use Agreement
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to make a photocopy or reproduction. One of the specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship or research." If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement. This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.
Ohio History Connection (OHC) Conditions of Reproduction
The right to reproduce materials held in the collections of OHC is granted on a onetime basis only. Any further reproduction of this material is prohibited without the express written permission of the Ohio History Connection.
OHC does not sell duplications, but rather performs the service of reproduction for which a fee is charged.
Materials are reproduced for research use only and may not be used for either publication, exhibition, or any other public purpose without the express written permission of the OHC.
Any publication, exhibition, or other public use of material reproduced from the collections of OHC must credit the Ohio History Connection.
In requesting permission to reproduce materials from the collections of OHC as described, the requestor agrees to hold harmless OHC and its Trustees, Officers, and agents either jointly or severally from any action involving infringement of the rights of any person or their heirs and descendants in common law or under statutory copyright.
Permission to reproduce materials in which reproduction rights are reserved must be granted by signed written permission of the persons holding those rights. Consideration of the requirements of copyrights is the responsibility of the author, producer, and publisher. Applicants assume all responsibility for questions of copyright and invasion of privacy that may arise in copying and using the materials.
Consideration of the requirements of copyrights is the responsibility of the author, producer, and publisher. Applicants assume all responsibility for questions of copyright and invasion of privacy that may arise in copying and using the materials.
Permission may be granted to reproduce portions of the collections of OHC. The reproduction in their entirety of any of the collections of the OHC is prohibited
On occasion, OHC may permit researchers to take photographs of collections owned by the organization. OHC retains ownership rights of images taken under these circumstances. Images may be used for research, but any publication or public display is subject to the above conditions of reproduction. A new use agreement and appropriate fees must be submitted for each use