: The hand-sewn wool flag was carried by Company F, 148th Ohio Volunteer Infantry of Washington County (Ohio). The 36 stars are arranged symmetrically in canton pattern of six rows by six rows. Nevada added the 36th star in 1864 (October 31).
Comprised of the 96th Battalion of Vinton County and the 46th of Washington County, the 148th mustered out of Marietta on May 18, 1864 under Colonel Thomas W. Moore. On May 23 the Regiment was involved in an accident on the Union Railroad leaving three soldiers seriously wounded.
The 148th Ohio Volunteer Infantry mustered out September 14, 1864. By the war's end they had lost 2 officers and 37 enlisted men from disease.
View on Ohio Memory.
: H18372_001 Subjects
: Ceremonial artifact; Communication artifact; Textile--wool; Civil War, 1861-1865; 148th OVI, Company F; Union Railroad; National Guard--Ohio Volunteer Infantry; Places
: Marietta (Ohio); Washington County (Ohio)