: A photo of the site of an abandoned stone quarry on Butler Hill. An old road up Butler Hill was opened and cleared of fallen timber and underbrush as a firebreak for the State Forestry Department in trade for permission to obtain a stone out from an old quarry that was on their property. The stone was then used to construct a shelter building at no cost for materials. This photo was taken in connection to Project No. 3, Reduction of fire hazard. View on Ohio Memory.
: 3076_89_11_aug34_b8_01 Subjects
: Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.); New Deal, 1933-1939; Fort Hill State Memorial (Ohio); Quarries and quarrying Places
: Hillsboro (Ohio); Highland County (Ohio)