: Canal plat map showing a section of the route of the Ohio and Erie Canal in Tuscarawas County between stations 3232 and 3331. A large stone quarry, bridges, railroads, stations, locks, and other landmarks along the route are also noted. The map was created under the direction of the members of the Canal Commission of the state of Ohio and approved by the Chief Engineer of the Department of Public Works (variously referred to as the Board of Public Works and the Division of Public Works).
The Ohio and Erie Canal was constructed between 1825 and 1832, eventually connecting Cleveland and Lake Erie with Portsmouth and the Ohio River. View on Ohio Memory.
: BV4911_005 Subjects
: Ohio and Erie Canal (Ohio); Transportation; Canals -- Ohio; Quarries and quarrying; Places
: Tuscarawas County (Ohio)