: Photographic reproduction of a print depicting Fort Hamilton. The fort was constructed on the east bank of the Miami River in September 1791. It was the first U.S. Army fort built north of Cincinnati in Native American territory. Fort Hamilton served as a supply depot for military expeditions against the tribes living along the Great Miami, Auglaize and Maumee Rivers during the early 1790s. Today Hamilton, Ohio, is located on the site of the fort. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL02987 Subjects
: Fort Hamilton (Ohio); Ohio History--Settlement and Early Statehood; Fortification--Ohio Places
: Hamilton (Ohio); Butler County (Ohio)