: Photograph of Simon Lazarus (1808-1887) of The F. & R. Lazarus Company, ca. 1870. Simon Lazarus arrived in Columbus, Ohio, in 1870 and opened the Lazarus store. He died in 1877 and after his wife Amelia's death in 1899, the name was changed to The F & R Lazarus store after his sons, Fred and Ralph. In 2003, after a successful century and a half, the Lazarus Company was incorporated with Macy's, a member of the Federated Department stores. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL03491 Subjects
: Stores, Retail; Ohio Economy--Economy--Business; Lazarus Department Store; The F. & R. Lazarus Company (Columbus, Ohio); Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)