: Reproduction of a photograph depicting two blacksmiths working at the Knowles, Taylor, and Knowles pottery in East Liverpool, Ohio, ca. 1901. W. Knowles opened a small pottery in East Liverpool in 1854. In 1870, John Taylor and Homer S. Knowles joined the company. The operation expanded during the next two decades. By the 1880s, Knowles, Taylor and Knowles was producing translucent china. By 1890, the company was the largest manufacturer of white granite plain and decorative ware in the nation. The factory closed in 1931. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL03709 Subjects
: Blacksmiths; Ohio Economy--Economy--Business; Employees Places
: East Liverpool (Ohio); Columbiana County (Ohio)