: A 1962 aerial photograph of Lazarus Westland, located at West Broad Street and Georgesville Road. This store location opened on August 16, 1962, and offered parking for 1200 cars. Between 1851 and 1965, the F & R Lazarus Company retail store dominated the trade and physical landscape of Columbus. The company rose from its early years as a men's clothier in a 20 x 40 foot room downtown, to its position by 1965 as a member of the largest department store chain, Federated Department Stores. Lazarus' growth reflects that of the capital city; from small beginnings through a "golden age" of downtown development, and eventually branching out into the surrounding countryside. In 2003, the Lazarus Company was incorporated with Macy's, a member of the Federated Department stores, and is no longer in existence. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL04383 Subjects
: Columbus (Ohio); Lazarus Department Store; Aerial views; Ohio Economy--Economy--Business Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)