: Photograph of two men at work remodeling the High Street lobby revolving doors of The F. & R. Lazarus Company, 1950. Between 1851 and 1965, the F & R Lazarus Company retail store dominated the trade and physical landscape of Columbus. The company rose from its early years as a men's clothier in a 20 x 40 foot room downtown, to its position by 1965 as a member of the largest department store chain, Federated Department Stores. Lazarus' growth reflects that of the capital city; from small beginnings through a "golden age" of downtown development, and eventually branching out into the surrounding countryside. In 2003, the Lazarus Company was incorporated with Macy's, a member of the Federated Department stores, and is no longer in existence. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL04447 Subjects
: Columbus (Ohio); Lazarus Department Store; Renovation (Architecture); Ohio Economy--Economy--Business Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)