: William Oxley Thompson was the fifth president of The Ohio State University, serving from 1899 to 1925. Prior to working for The Ohio State University he served as the president of Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. During his presidency at The Ohio State University, the College of Education was added, enrollment grew by four thousand, and the original Ohio Stadium was built on the banks of the Olentangy River. The library at the University is named in his honor. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL04075 Subjects
: Education--Ohio; Cultural Ohio--Education; History of the Ohio State University; Ohio State University. Libraries; Ohio State University Football History; Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)