: Dated May 15, 1927, this photograph shows Columbus City Hall under construction. In 1921, the city hall on East State Street in Columbus was destroyed by fire. A new building was constructed at 90 West Broad Street near the Scioto River. The site was to be the focal point of a new civic center. The Neoclassical building was completed in 1928. Additions were built in 1936 and 1949. View on Ohio Memory.
: Om1904_1980856_001 Subjects
: Ohio Government; Architecture; Municipal government; City & town halls; Construction Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)