: This photograph, taken from Battelle Riverfront Park, shows Columbus City Hall decorated for the holidays in 1968. In 1921, the city hall on East State Street in Columbus was destroyed by fire. A new building was constructed at 90 West Broad Street near the Scioto River. The site was to be the focal point of a new civic center. The Neoclassical building was completed in 1928. Additions were built in 1936 and 1949. The photograph measures 2" x 2" (5.08 x 5.08 cm). View on Ohio Memory.
: Om3292_4538357_001 Subjects
: Ohio Government; Architecture; Skyscrapers; Rivers; Municipal government; Cityscapes; Holidays; Lighting--Architectural and decorative Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)