: This photograph shows a horse-drawn Standard Oil tank wagon in front of a building for a Standard Oil agent, or distributor. A man in a suit sits in the box seat, with a 350-500 gallon Standard Oil tank wagon behind him. The wagon's rear wheels are much larger to assist with bearing the weight of the oil tank, and the reflective metal tank has "STANDARD" on its side. In the background of the image, a long, low building with wooden siding has "AGENT FOR THE STANDARD OIL CO." painted on its side in white. The Standard Oil Company of Ohio established in 1862 by Cleveland oil baron John D. Rockefeller. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL04295 Subjects
: Ohio Economy--Economy--Business; Milan (Ohio); Oil industry; Horse-drawn vehicles; Standard Oil Company Places
: Milan (Ohio); Erie County (Ohio)