: Scioto River riverfront and Civic Center as seen from under the Town Street bridge looking east in Columbus, Ohio. Pictured left is the American Insurance Union Citadel, now known as the LeVeque Tower, located at 50 West Broad Street.
Construction of the Ohio State Office Building (right) began in 1930 and was completed in 1933. The 14-story building was designed by Cincinnati architect Harry Hake and serves as a classic example of the Modernistic style. The building was later known as the Ohio Judicial Center until 2011, when the state Supreme Court named the center in honor of the late Chief Justice Thomas Moyer, who was the second-longest-serving chief justice in state history at the time of his death in April 2010. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL05688 Subjects
: Ohio History--State and Local Government; Architecture--Ohio; Rivers--Ohio; Columbus (Ohio)--Buildings, structures, etc. Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)