: This photograph shows a dramatic view of the State Office Building and Scioto River retaining wall seen from the Broad Street bridge, Columbus, Ohio, ca. 1935.
The Ohio State Office Building was constructed during 1930-1933. The 14-story building was designed by Cincinnati architect Harry Hake and serves as a classic example of the Art Moderne style. The building was later known as the Ohio Judicial Center until 2011, when the state Supreme Court named the center in honor of the late Chief Justice Thomas Moyer, who was the second-longest-serving chief justice in state history at the time of his death in April 2010. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL05709 Subjects
: Ohio History--State and Local Government; Rivers--Ohio; Architecture--Ohio--Columbus--History--20th century; Columbus (Ohio)--Buildings, structures, etc.; Architecture--Ohio Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)