: This photograph shows three parked "book wagons" belonging to the Cincinnati Public Library, Cincinnati, Ohio, ca. 1935-1943. Text on the vehicles' rear and back panels reads: "Public Library of Cincinnati / County Service." The side panel also includes an image of the main library building.
Becoming a countywide system in 1898, the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County was a pioneer in the 20th century with its special services for the blind and for children, bookmobile services, and circulation of audiovisual materials. The library's "book wagon" service began in 1927 View on Ohio Memory.
: AL06193 Subjects
: Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County; Libraries--Ohio--History; Cincinnati (Ohio); Bookmobiles Places
: Cincinnati (Ohio); Hamilton County (Ohio)