: An image of the early campus of Oberlin College in Oberlin, Lorain County, Ohio. Oberlin College and the town of Oberlin were founded by Presbyterian ministers, John J. Shipherd and Philo P. Stewart in 1833. In 1835, it was the first college to admit women and black students. A liberal arts college, it is connected to the Oberlin conservatory of Music, the oldest continuously operating conservatory in the United States.
View on Ohio Memory.
: AL06413 Subjects
: Oberlin College; Universities and colleges Ohio; African American Ohioans Places
: Oberlin (Ohio); Lorain County (Ohio)