Wheeler Hall photograph, Baldwin-Wallace College   Save
Wheeler Hall photograph, Baldwin-Wallace College
Description: This image shows Wheeler Hall on the campus of Baldwin-Wallace College in Berea, Ohio. Originally named Baldwin College, this institution of higher learning was founded in 1845 by John Baldwin. Baldwin-Wallace is associated with the Methodist Church, and was one of the first colleges in Ohio to admit women and African Americans. In 1913, Baldwin College merged with nearby Wallace College, uniting the two schools' resources. The college has always emphasized a liberal arts education. Today, Baldwin-Wallace College's motto is "Quality Education with a Personal Touch." View on Ohio Memory.
Image ID: AL06425
Subjects: Baldwin-Wallace College; College buildings; Universities and colleges
Places: Berea (Ohio); Cuyahoga County (Ohio)