: This image shows the entrance to the Athens Infirmary in Millfield, Ohio. The hospital was opened in 1857. The building was a "poor house" for the indigent and insane. The original building burned down in 1903 and the replacement was completed in 1905. The building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on May 1, 2003. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL06481 Subjects
: Athens County (Ohio); Architecture--Ohio; Hospitals--Ohio; Psychiatric hospitals--Ohio Places
: Millfield (Ohio); Athens County (Ohio)