: This color image is a view of the front exterior of the former Perkins House, an ornate Victorian/Italianate structure located in Warren, Ohio. It was constructed in 1871 as the residence of Henry Bishop Perkins, Sr. (1824-1902), a civic, business, and political leader of the Western Reserve. A sign displayed above the center two windows on the second floor identifies the building as the current City Hall. This image was taken in winter.
Henry Bishop Perkins, Sr., was the youngest son of Simon Perkins (1771-1844), an early settler of the Connecticut Western Reserve and an important economic and political leader of the region.
During the 19th and early 20th century political figures such as Ulysses S. Grant, James A. Garfield, Rutherford B. Hayes, Benjamin Harrison, and William McKinley were visitors to this house.
The Perkins House became Warren City Hall in 1934. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL06635 Subjects
: City & town halls; Warren (Ohio); Historic buildings--Ohio; Perkins, Simon, 1771-1844 Places
: Warren (Ohio); Trumbull County (Ohio)