: This color image is a front exterior view of the ornate Victorian/Italianate house located in Warren, Ohio, that once was the residence of Henry Bishop Perkins, Sr. (1824-1902). A sign displayed above the center two windows on the second floor identifies the building as City Hall. Built in 1871, the Perkins House became Warren City Hall in 1934.
Perkins, a civic, business, and political leader, was the son of Simon Perkins (1771-1844), an early settler in the Connecticut Western Reserve and an important economic and political leader in the region.
During the 19th and early 20th century political figures such as U.S. Grant, James A. Garfield, Rutherford B. Hayes, Benjamin Harrison, and William McKinley were visitors to this house. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL06636 Subjects
: City & town halls; Warren (Ohio); City halls--Ohio; Historic buildings--Ohio; Perkins, Simon, 1771-1844 Places
: Warren (Ohio); Trumbull County (Ohio)