: A plaque commemorating Fort Seneca. In the 1820s a general store and grist mill were established on this site, where the famous Scioto-Sandusky Indian trail neared the Sandusky River. The settlement was first known as McNutt's, later as Swope's Corners. The village of Fort Seneca was surveyed January 14, 1836. Its name was derived from Gen. Harrison's War of 1812 fort, which was located a few miles downstream. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL06824 Subjects
: Seneca County (Ohio); United States--History--War of 1812; Harrison, William Henry, 1773-1841 Places
: Fort Seneca (Ohio); Seneca County (Ohio); Ohio