: The original double covered bridge in Newton Falls, Ohio, was built in this location over the west branch of the Mahoning River around 1832. The bridge seen here is a replacement that was constructed in 1856 to fit the route of the Pennsylvania and Ohio Canal that had just been completed. This bridge was in use for 86 years before being closed in 1942 and replaced with a concrete span during World War II. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL07060 Subjects
: Covered bridges--Ohio; Rivers; Transportation--Ohio--History Places
: Newton Falls (Ohio); Trumbull County (Ohio)